European funding-programmes offer opportunities for collaborative and international activities. The EU-officer will support you investigating for fitting funding. Current european calls for proposals can be found at FIT für die Wissenschaft.
If you prefer to search by yourself you will find a good starting point at the EU-commission's website for Public contracts and funding. A guideline for beginners is provided on this page, too.
Additional information concerning EU-funding is also provided by: Kulturpolitische Gesellschaft e. V.
Following, you will find a short overview of the funding programmes most important for Johannes Gutenberg-University:
Horizon 2020 (Framework for Research and Innovation)
The European Commissions new Framework for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 started January 1, 2014. The duration will be seven years (2014-2020). A brief overview of the contents, the main structures and the funding opportunities you will find here. Open calls are also available via the European Commission Research & Innovation Participant Portal and CORDIS (Community Research and Development Information Service).
Please also visit:
- Kooperationsstelle EU der Wissenschaftsorganisationen (KoWi)
- the German portal for Horizon 2020 (BMBF / NCP) (brochure Horizont 2020 im Blick available for download)
There are three main funding areas in Horizon 2020
The 7. Framework Programme (FP 7)
European Research Council (ERC)
European education programme
Further European programmes and funding
- COST funds international coordination and networking of national research-activities
- EUREKA funds transnational cooperations between Scientists and businesses
- The European Science Foundation (ESF) funds the networking of european Scientists by supporting conferences, workshops and research units