Practical Tips for EU Proposals
In European funding programmes, you can only submit an application in response to a call for proposals. Open calls can be found on the Participant Portal or in FIT für die Wissenschaft (only in German).
Application and PIC
for any application you need:
- a confirmed personal EU-Login (formerly: ECAS-Account)
- the JGU identification code (PIC): 999978627.
Every usage of the PIC will automatically be reported to the EU-Office. In case of approval JGU as an institution and not the PI will be the grant holder.
- are created, prepared, administrated and submitted electronically
Please add the as a participant contact to your proposal, so we can easily provide additional information on the institution and complete the administrative froms
- need to be submitted before the end of the deadline (exact date and time mentioned in the call). The portal will be closed immediately afterwards
Submit as early as possible. Resubmission is possible until the call is closed. Only the latest submission will be evaluated.
Calls texts und proposal text
- can differ significantly depending on the funding line
- must be read carefully and criteria must be followed exactly (e. g. "expected impact")
- can only be fully understood together with all the background information: working programme, guide for applicants, evaluation criteria ... )
- always consist of two parts: 1) administrative online forms (Part A), 2) the proposal text (Part B), that needs to be uploaded as a PDF. Always download the current template before working on your application.
- templates need to be completed exactly as outlined: page limit, margins, font size, line spacing, content of different chapters.
Do not skip sections, do not change the order, use default headings and carefully read the explanatory comments.