International Applicants and Students
International applicants who come to Mainz can apply for:
- full-time studies lasting several years and resulting in a degree (ranging from a Bachelor to a Doctorate),
- a dual degree program in cooperation with a partner university in another country, resulting in a degree in Germany as well as a degree in the country of the partner university. These programs comprise for example:
- Integrated French-German Study Program Mainz / Dijon
- Master of German and International Law
- Double Diploma Programs in Economics
- an exchange program through a partner university, with a duration of one to two semesters,
- a Master's and continuing education program or a Doctorate,
- an International Summer Course: during the summer semester break each year, JGU organizes intensive German language courses for all learners of German – whether they are students or not.
Mainz University has many offers specifically for international students:
Introductory events: "Infodays" for exchange students and Induction Days (Orientierungstage) for foreign students who pursue a degree.
Both events are meant to make the introduction into their studies easier for new foreign students in Mainz. These events among other things cover an orientation on campus, an introduction to the use of the university library and the center for data processing as well as assistance with dealing with authorities and departments at the university.
- Excursions – please find respective details on our internet page.
- Course-related offers in cooperation with the Protestant and Catholic university communities: Stube Rheinland-Pfalz / Saarland
- Family stays to experience German culture and society as well as to improve language skills: Experiment e.V.
- Information regarding alien and employment law (Ausländerrecht und Arbeitsrecht).
During the summer holidays we offer International Summer Courses which are intensive language courses for learners of German from all over the world and last approx. four weeks.