Lottery for study places
Conditions for taking part in the lottery for study placesIn order to take part in the lottery for study places, you must have not applied for university admission. However, you must fulfill the admission requirements for the relevant subject, such a previous subject-related qualifications or proof of minimum points for academic achievement in a specific field.
Please check carefully whether you fulfill the admission requirements for the specific subject before taking part in the lottery for study places.
The admission requirements for a specific Master's course can be found in the corresponding course description.
Applicants with no Bachelor's degree certificateIf you complete your Bachelor's degree before the start of the Master's course and the degree certificate has not yet been issued, you must provide proof of all qualifications and academic performance to date (at least 135 credit points), including the average marks achieved to date, in the event of a place being awarded in the lottery for study places.
You must hand in a certified copy of the degree certificate before the end of the first semester of the Master's course.
Applicants with no qualification from a German universityYou must meet the following requirements to take part in the lottery for study places:
- You need a certificate of recognition from JGU as proof that you are eligible for acceptance on a further education/Master's course. Please contact the International Office for this purpose. The processing time is around 6 weeks. If your Bachelor's degree certificate has not yet been issued, consult the International Office to find out if you can take part in the lottery for study places.
- You will usually be asked to provide proof of German Language Proficiency Examination for Admission to Higher Education for Foreign Applicants (DSH 2 / German Link only) ; exceptions: Equivalent proof /German Link only/ or foreign language course)
- Deadline for the winter semester: September 1 to September 30.
- Deadline for the summer semester: March 1 to March 31.
Applications to participate in the lottery for study places are accepted for all courses with restricted admission at the University of Mainz. Whether a lottery for study places will take place for the desired course is determined once the application deadline has passed.In the lottery for study places, individual places on courses are allocated, if course places are still available following the main proceedings and reserve proceedings. Course places are awarded among all participants of the lottery in a similar way to a normal lottery.
If you have been awarded a place on a course via the lottery for study places, you will receive a notification during the first weeks of the lectures starting.
Lottery for study places in winter semester 2013/14
- Master Buchwissenschaft, 1. Semester
- Master Empirische Demokratieforschung, 1. Semester
- Master Epidemiologie, 1. Semester
- Master Germanistik, 1. Semester
- Master Theaterwissenschaft, 1. Semester
- Master Wirtschaftspädagogik (M.Sc.), 1. Semester
- Master Wirtschaftspädagogik (M.Ed.), 1. Semester